Tuesday, November 04, 2014

My Tai Chi Teachers


In order of my training progress which started in the mid-1980s

Yang Chengfu
The person that started what is now the most taught version of Tai Chi in the world.  I wasn't born when he was teaching but all my teachers taught this style of Tai Chi.

Toni Dimoulin

My first instructor.  Fantastic person and truely a master Tai Chi instructor.  She studies with the Dong family that adheres very strictly to the traditional Yang Style Tai Chi.



Chris Luth
Toni introduced me to Chris and for many years I studied with him as well, mostly at his Push Hands retreats.  He is an expert in Chen Man ch'ing Tai Chi and is a national champion and domain expert in Push Hands.






Don Miller
Don is a truely amazing Tai Chi teacher and a wonderful person.  He focuses on the detail of "why" each part of Tai Chi and appling Tai Chi techniques in martial ways, in push hands and in life. He has had many students that have won world champion push hands competitions.
I still study with Don intermittently today.






No comments: