Saturday, May 06, 2006

Qigong Liver Healing Routine

In the past I was seeing a Chinese doctor for problems with pain in my abdomen. He tells me that I have too much Yang energy in my liver and that it is weakening the associated orgrans of my stomach/spleen and kidneys.

I posed this question to my Daoist Priest teacher and this was his response. Michael Rinaldini http://hometown.aol.com/michaelrqi Daoist Medical Qigong Center and this was his advise.
  • Tai ji ruler emphasizing releasing excess Liver stagnant energy
  • Healing sounds- shoe sound for liver and who sound for spleen
  • Do the swimming dragon, but as you twist to the right, say silently, shoooooas you twist to the left, say, whooooo. Do this slower than usual and exhaling on each side.
  • Self-massage over liver visualizing green healing qi, moving liver qi, breaking up stagnant energy
  • Press points for Liver, lv 3, Sp 6 other St 36, Kd 27, kd 1, 3
  • Frequent tapping, esp along the Gall Bladder-down outside of legs, and up Lv channel along inside of legs.
  • Swinging the ams and swinging the hands up.
  • This one I learned from another teacher's book. As you twist your waist, raise ams, palms up on the inhale. Look back at the rear hand. Lower hands as you slowly turn back to the front, twisting to the other side, again raising the arms and inhaling, palms up again, looking back to the rear hand. Feel you are realeasing congested Liver qi- give a good sigh of relief as you move.

No comments: